- All volunteers must fill out a volunteer application.
- Volunteers must have proof of a CURRENT tetanus booster or signed a waiver.
- Always wear a volunteer name tag while volunteering. They are located near the sign in sheet. BE SURE TO PUT IT BACK BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
- ALWAYS SIGN IN! If you don’t sign in, we cannot verify your hours.
- Attire: LONG PANTS, sturdy shoes or boots, t-shirt or long sleeves.
- Please do NOT wear tank tops, skirts, high heels, open-toed shoes or slip on shoes, and offensive text and/or graphics.
- Bags, purses, jackets, cell phones, or any personal belongings can be stored behind the front desk in the lobby. If you keep your cell phone on you, make sure it is on silent while volunteering. if you must take a call, please place the animal you are currently with back in his/her kennel before answering. The animals need your full attention.
- Please park on the grass located beside the road. Leave the parking lot open for potential adopters.
- DO NOT LEAVE (in your vehicle) WITH ANY OF OUR DOGS UNLESS YOU ARE EXPLICITLY AUTHORIZED TO DO SO.
- Ages 15-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Must be kind and respectful to the shelter staff and customers.
- Volunteers may not answer questions a customer may have. ALWAYS ask an employee for assistance.
- Sanitize your hands before and after handling each animal.
- Make sure cage/kennel cards do not get mixed up.
- If an animal gets loose, and you cannot catch it, please ask an employee for assistance.
- If you notice an animal that may need medical attention, please notify the staff. If you receive a deep scratch or bite, notify the staff IMMEDIATELY.
- Please keep the cages closed, unless you have permission from an employee.
- Customers are not allowed to be in receiving area unless authorized by an employee.